Up until a month or so ago, Kate had been sleeping exclusively in our closet in a Pack 'n Play. I'd been toying around with the idea of moving her into Parker's room for nighttime, but I thought it would be easier to keep her in our closet for at least her afternoon nap while Parker naps in his own room. Rather than having to lug the portable crib up and down the stairs every day, I decided to buy a real crib to put in Parker's room and leave the Pack 'n Play in our room. I bought one off Craigslist that was a shiny, dark wood color with lots of dents and scuffs. I sanded out all the dents, painted it teal and made a crib skirt. I love how it turned out, but Kate's really the one who makes it look good.





2 comments:
I love the color! You're so clever to think of changing it up. I would have just stuck it in the room and bemoaned all the dents. It looks great. Enjoy having your bathroom back!
Oh my goodness! She is just absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a beauty!
And you are so talented! "Hi, I'm Courtney. I take random stuff and redo it into awesome and totally amazing furniture." Love the color and the skirt. I wish we lived closer cause I could really use your skills on like 17 projects I've started and can't finish! ;-)
Post a Comment