Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Farewell, Old Friend

Well, we sold The Jetta.  She's been with us as long as Paul and I have been married.  I remember the day he bought it while he was living at home the summer before we got married.  It was so exciting to have our first car!  He emailed me some pictures along with a message that the backseat was "plenty big."  Oh, to be engaged.

We've been through a lot with that car.  On my last count, we'd been hit eight times.  A few just in parking lots and a few scary encounters.  We got rear ended on the freeway in LA and once by a semi during a snow storm on the way to Boise for Christmas.  One time I got side-swiped in Hollywood coming home from a haircut and we got $2000 from the insurance settlement (truly a tender mercy for poor students).  Even through all of these incidents, The Jetta was never mortally wounded and didn't seem to mind too much the cosmetic damage.

But, she was getting on in years and Paul was tired of nursing her along, so we parted ways and passed  her on to a dentista from Mexico.  I'm sure she's living up her life sun bathing on the Mexican Riviera, or, more likely, assisting with the trafficking of drugs into the US.

2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Oh, I got a little teary-eyed! As soon as I read the title of the post, I knew it was going to be about the Jetta! I guess we all have to grow up sometime.

Jenni said...

Goodbye trusty friend!!! Are you guys going to replace her? Fyi....I happen to know someone who can get you a discount on a new Ford. ;-)