Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Saturday, May 25, 2013

I TRIed: Part 2

This morning I competed in my second Fountain Valley Triathlon.  Actually, "completed" is probably a more accurate description than "competed," although I think I can safely say that I came in first place in the 6 month pregnant category.  The last couple weeks I've been noticing that it's become more difficult to run.  I think it was around this same time with my last pregnancy that my legs started to feel heavier and like they just wouldn't warm up.  Last year I was able to pass a lot of people on the run and this time I hardly passed anyone, but got passed up by plenty of people.  Oh well, still a victory!!

Most of the pictures Paul took are too embarrassing to post, but here's an only slightly embarrassing (by comparison) one of the swim: 


All done!  I win!:

 Refueling after the race: (Parker was so excited to see a "wee-oo wee-oo" aka fire engine)




So who's going to do it with me next year???  


5 comments:

Afton LeSueur said...

I would still love to do one with you sometime! I am actually doing one (as a relay) with my mom and sister in December!

Lisa and Mark said...

LOVE the picture!!! You are intense!

Jenni said...

Oh my goodness Snort! you are amazing! you are officially my hero! wow! promise you won't judge my flabby body when you come out! !

Cathryn said...

Wow! I'm so impressed. I was definitely not doing that at six months. You look great!

Julia said...

6 months pregnant and you still beat me. I'll probably see you there next year too.