Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I TRIed

A couple weeks ago I did my first ever triathlon. Woohoo! First was the run (3.2 miles), then the bike (13.7 miles), then the swim (175 yards). The swim was definitely my favorite part and I wish it had been longer. The pool was really shallow, so it was warm and felt so relaxing after the run and bike. I originally was going to do it with a friend from the ward, but she hurt her heel and wasn't able to race. Sad! I trained for two months and actually really enjoyed the training AND the race, unlike the last race I did, where the training was the pits, but the awesomeness of the race made it worth it. I'd love to do another triathlon, maybe next time with a better bike and DEFINITELY with a friend!

After the run, getting ready to bike:


And I'm off!

Done! I win!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

HOLY COW!!!!!! You're so HARD CORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so impressed with you. First: for signing up only 2 months before. Second: for doing all your training with a TODDLER. And Third: Still competing even though all your race buddies had to cancel on you last minute.

You're so amazing! What an example of how very awesome, motivated, courageous, amazing, strong, talented, brave, fit, tenacious, and incredible sauce you are! ;-)

I would say that we should sign up for a tri together... but I don't think I could bring myself to do all the swimming.

Lovest you!!!

PS - bathing suit picture = hottie!