Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Monday, June 24, 2013

Visit to Michigan

A couple weeks ago I flew out to Michigan to help my bff Jenni with her newborn identical twins.  They are so adorable and small and snuggly!  Starting a couple weeks before my trip I started getting really nervous that I wouldn't be much help- I have just been so tired lately and was worried that instead of lightening the load, Jenni would have to put me down for naps in addition to her three girls (twins plus toddler).  I really didn't feel too tired while I was there- what an amazing blessing!  We had so much fun catching up all while taking care of lots of small people.



We went to Culvers for dinner one night.  It's a midwest original that first opened their doors in Wisconsin (America's Dairyland) and they don't sell "hamburgers."  No, no.  They sell "butter burgers." The buns are toasted and buttered and oh so delicious.  We also had deep fried cheese curds and frozen custard.  Now I didn't want to ingest all those calories, it was the baby.  She said (through a series of Morse Code kicks) that that's what she was craving and if there's one thing I know, it's: If baby ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!


Jake must truly be a saint to handle all the estrogen that was floating around in their house while I was there (Jenni, Scarlett, Siena, Jaide, me and baby girl FJ).  Hopefully the next time I visit, Paul and Parker will be there with me to even things out a bit.


1 comment:

Cathryn said...

That is so fun that you could go help! What cute little twin girls.