Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Monday, February 15, 2016

We're Moving!

Again.  People, it's just too much.  In our eight years of marriage, this will be our seventh move.  Parker has never lived in a home longer than 16 months.  I hate moving.  I hate that it turns me into a mean mom and a ball of nerves.  But, we're getting kicked out, so what can you do?  Our landlord is selling the townhouse we're living in, and although they did offer to sell it to us, we're going to continue to rent at a different location.  One thing that makes it a bit easier is that we're moving into a house!  With a yard!  And no shared walls!  And a driiiiiiiveway! Paul finally has an excuse to be mad at me for throwing away his yardwork parachute shants (pants that zip off into shorts) all those years ago.

Before I start the ghastly task of packing all our belongings into cardboard boxes, we made a movie so we can remember the wonderful 16 months we lived here. It's a long one; I tried to go slow to avoid the feeling of seasickness.



2 comments:

Cathryn said...

I love these house tours, it definitely gives me a feel for your place and how you guys are living. Swanky! I mean, what is this, the Buckingham Palace of townhouses? Did I could three bedrooms and three and a half baths? Moving is the worst, but a house is so exciting. Nothing like opening the door to the backyard, shooing the children out, and then returning to the kitchen by yourself to make dinner uninterrupted. I'm also impressed and inspired (as I was in your last tour) of the absolute cleanliness and tidiness of your place. I felt relaxed just looking at it, and stressed at the same time trying to figure out how to get the same feel in my house!

Karry said...

Moving is such a pain- especially for the mom. The backyard will be fun, but no shared walls--awesome!
Loved the video- made me a little sad too realizing how much we miss all of you. 💜