Every time, literally every time I cut Parker's hair I vow that the next time I'll take him to a salon and let someone do it that actually knows what they're doing. And then a few weeks pass and he needs another haircut and I think that it will just be easier if I do it, and hey, I'll save some money, and oooh! maybe we can go out for ice cream with the money I just saved. Anyway, I figured that I'd had a pretty good five year run and it would be good to see how a professional does it so I can take notes.
I knew that it would not be a happy, fun day at the salon. Parker does not like getting his hair cut. He's not necessarily scared of the clippers or scissors, it's more that he doesn't like the itchiness of the cut hair on his skin. We've tried lots of things to alleviate the problem, but nothing works with 100% efficiency. So, I bribed him with a Happy Meal if he got his haircut at a salon. We made it through the parking lot and to the door of Great Clips before he lost it. Tears, screams, falling to the ground. It was not pretty. Finally he sat in the chair, but was still crying so I had him sit on my lap. Once the stylist started cutting his hair he did a great job! No more tears and he held so still. I was hoping to take a picture of his first real haircut while it was happening, but it was a little difficult with him sitting on my lap.
But here are some after photos! Yay McDonalds!



1 comment:
Hi Courtney. I truly love every post and each is a perfect reflection of "A Wonderful Life". In addition, they are flawlessly crafted. Ah, but finally, yes for the first time a small but VERY significant travesty has occured. Men and boys do not go to salons. They go to Barber Shops! Hopedully there was a rotating barber poll out front, National Geographics, Road & Track and Mechanical Digest magizines stacked for Parker's dreams to go far and beyond the barber's chair. There should be no silly questions about which clipper guard number to use and always a straight blade razor to shave those fuzzy hairs on the back of his neck. Lastly a good dose of butch wax is applied and the either a tootsie pop or bazooka bubble gum is dispensed as a reward.
XO, Grandpa John
Post a Comment