Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Last Day at SeaWorld

Today our season passes to SeaWorld expired.  There have been rumblings that they're going to do away with the Shamu show, so even though the kids and I went to SeaWorld two weeks ago, we felt that we needed to go see the Shamu show as a family to give it a formal farewell.  It's crazy how much Parker and Kate have grown this year!

TODAY: 
LAST FEBRUARY:
 (This is a really weird picture of Kate, but I wanted to use it for reference.)
TODAY:
LAST FEBRUARY:
































When we first got our passes, we had some trouble redeeming Parker's preschool pass (kids two and under are always free, but in order for three- to five-year-olds to get free passes, you have to register them online for a preschool pass at the beginning of the year) and so the lady who was helping us gave us four vouchers for complimentary trays of fish to feed to the sea lions.  We redeemed the vouchers today and fed the sea lions.  We learned that you have to be fast or else the birds will swoop down and steal the fish right out of your hands!



We have LOVED visiting SeaWorld this year!  Parker will miss the sharks the most, for sure.  It's his number one request when we go, and we often went through the exhibit multiple times.  I'll miss the Sea Lion and Otter Show and Paul will miss the churros.  Kate is just happy to be along for the ride and will probably miss getting out of her naps for a full day of fun. 

4 comments:

Cathryn said...

So are you not renewing your passes? I really want to go before they close the killer whale show. I watched Blackfish and bawled - which I'm blaming on post-partum after June was born - but still, I gotta see Shamu before she's gone. Maybe this summer?

CourtneyFJ said...

We're not renewing our passes. I think it will be good for the kids to be away from it for awhile so they can really appreciate it if we ever get passes again. BUT YOU SHOULD GO! Darn that Blackfish, poisoning people's minds against the second happiest place on Earth. :)

Cathryn said...

I just saw this. ha ha. But those motherly hormones!

Karry said...

I can't believe how big the littles are getting. Glad you're so good at taking pictures to help remember all the fun you've had.