Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Viva Las Vegas

Paul took a Continuing Education course in Las Vegas a few weeks ago so The Crew and I decided to tag along.  We left San Diego on Wednesday after work and got to Las Vegas late that evening.  Upon entering the hotel/casino Parker was a little delirious with it being so late and when he saw all the slot machines (which I believe were designed with toddlers in mind- all those buttons and flashing lights!) he went nuts.  He literally started running around in circles.  It was better than Christmas.

The next day we met up with Paul's cousin, Deneigh, and her daughter at an indoor bounce house center.  They had bouncy castles and slides to entertain the kids while Deneigh and I got to chat.  It was so fun to see how brave Parker is.  He went right up the ladders and down the slides without hesitation.





The next day we met up with some friends from USC that now live in Las Vegas and went to see La Reve.  It was incredible!  It's a water show and the "stage" is basically a pool, but it has platforms that can be raised above the water, so the show ended up being a compilation of diving, acrobatics, dancing, synchronized swimming and gymnastics.  We were all entranced!


On our last day there we saw the Daniels again, but this time the kiddos got to play together.  We went to a splash pad and Parker and Willa hit it right off.  I hope we get to visit them again soon (Blue Man Group is next on the list).  I so miss having friends like them.  When we moved into the USC ward, we hit it off almost immediately and I was soooo sad when they moved.  I'm pretty sure I cried.  Luckily, they live much closer now and we can see them more often.


1 comment:

Jenni said...

What a fun trip! That bounce house place looks like kid heaven!! Glad you got to see your friends and get a night out without kids!