Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sleep!

Kate slept through the night last night!

I have been thinking lately about the ways Kate is different from how Parker was as a newborn and have concluded that the biggest difference is probably in how Paul and I handle her.  People told me that the second baby is much easier than the first because you've already been through it before and honestly, I was skeptical, but they were right.  I just feel more calm about her; things that would stress me out about Parker aren't so bad this time around.  I remember being distraught about him spitting up, his sleeping schedule, his crying, etc.  You know, the normal things.  These things are still a concern, of course, but I just feel less stressed.

Anyway, her sleeping through the night for the first time is a good example of that.  With Parker, I woke up at 5:00am and was scared that he had died. When I checked on him and saw that he was still alive, I was too excited to go back to sleep.  This morning I also woke up at 5:00am (I guess that's what my body is used to).  I was surprised that she hadn't eaten yet, but not alarmed.  I realized that I hadn't put in my ear plugs last night, so I grabbed them, put them in, rolled over, and went back to sleep.  She is a notorious sleep growler and I didn't want to risk having her keep me up with her groans.

I have no hope that this little teaser of a full night's rest is permanent, but it was nice to catch up on a little sleep.

2 comments:

Dakin said...

Zach was a load sleeper too as an infant. He groaned and grunted all night long! We had him sleeping with Luke within 6 weeks because he was the only one who could sleep with it!

Congrats on your first real night's sleep!

Jenni said...

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!