Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Best. Baby. EVAH!!!

Two nights ago, Parker slept through the night!!! I fed him Tuesday night at 8:00 and we put him down to bed at 9:15. It took him a couple rounds of soothing, but eventually he went to sleep around 10:00. I woke up the next morning at 5:00 and thought something was wrong with the clock- why hadn't he woken up to eat? For the past week the trend has been that I'll feed him around 8:00 or 9:00pm, then he'll wake up around 12:00 or 1:00am and just need to be soothed back to sleep (no eating), and then he'll be ready to eat around 3:00am. So when he hadn't woken up at all and it was 5:00am I was a little freaked. I went to his bedroom door... errr closet door... (yes, he sleeps in a closet) and listened for breathing. He was breathing all right, but still fast asleep. I went back to bed but couldn't fall asleep because I was so excited! My little baby of not even seven weeks slept through the night! He finally woke up at 6:00 to eat and was as pleasant as could be. What a happy mama I am.

Here's what the best baby in the world looks like:


2 comments:

kc said...

Cute outfit!! And Holland didn't sleep through the night until she was 6 months old. Well done, baby Parker. Well done.

Cathryn said...

Parker is such a good baby, sleeping through that early is amazing! Probably good sleep training by parents. I love the top photo, you can see his little belly!