
As most of you know (I hope, anyways. Can you really consider yourself an American if you don't???) the NBA playoffs are happening. Paul had no problem deciding to be a die hard Lakers fan. I, on the other hand have had a more difficult internal struggle. Do I root for the Lakers since I am now an offical Los Angelesan? Or do I stay true to what I've been taught since childhood: Lakers Suck! My dad has instilled this truth in me ever since I could understand the rules of the game. He loves the NBA and has hated the Lakers ever since the first time they dominated the Jazz in the western conference finals. I'm sure that since last Thursday and for the rest of this week he has a banner on his forhead that reads: Bob out for the next week. Please send all communications through email which will be read no sooner than after the last day of the finals.
But don't worry your pretty little faces. I've reached a solution. For now I've just decided to cheer for neither. While Paul watches the games, I usually just lay on the couch and knit.
3 comments:
i didn't know it was the playoffs. is that bad??? i hope you're loving la!! make sure you hit up all the swap meets in the summer!
Ya that was on at our home to! Surprise Surprise! And I had nothing to distract myself with, so I was stuck watching it!
i told dad about this and you could see his heart breaking as tears welled up in his eyes.
Post a Comment