Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Happy Hour?

Today at work this girl Julissa and I were in the back chatting and getting some things done and in the middle of the conversation she said, "Girl! We need to do a happy hour!" Not knowing exactly what she meant and thinking that maybe it was an office game of some kind I said, "What's that?" She looked at me like I was dumb. Immediately I realized what happy hour was. Duh. I explained to her that I don't drink and kind of changed the subject. Regardless of my blonde or naive or sheltered Mormon girl moment or whatever you want to call it, I kind of feel honored to have been invited to happy hour. I was talking to a girl in my ward about how I'm feeling culture shocked here in LA and she said that I should expect that to persist for at least the first year or so. I think she might be right.

1 comment:

Tyson and Heather said...

Hello...did you move to PASADENA?! I'm here...call me, 801.836.8224. I wanna hang out or at least call me if you need anything! Love you!!