Paul turned the big 3-0 last week. Adios, 20s, this is when life really starts to get good. I offered to make any extravagant dessert that his 30-year-old heart desired, but he was adamant about having a funfetti cake. Paul loves treats. I'm sure he hasn't ever met one that he didn't love, but truly, his preferences are far from sophisticated. I think probably the fastest way to win this man over is with an offering of a Hostess cupcake. Or Twinkie. Or Swiss Cake Roll.
In our six and a half years of marriage, there are have been only three desserts requested for his birthday: brownies (the boxed Ghirardelli mix), funfetti cake and strawberry pie. This year I decided to make two. Parker and I made funfetti cupcakes that we took to his work and then we had strawberry pie that evening. I was surprised to find out that the staff at the office had also brought in some treats- an oreo cake and cookies! I think Paul worked through the afternoon in a sugar coma. We had planned on going out to dinner, but Kate went to bed that night at 5:00, so when Paul got home I went and picked up some fish tacos and brought them home.
Parker made a card for Paul. I helped him write a Parker-original joke on it. "Two years old?! Psych!"
His parents gave him the gift of a vacation- without any kids! They offered to watch Parker and Kate while we have a little get away. Paul will be sure to wear his vacation shirt. :)
I gave him two tickets to the rodeo next month.
John and Trudy also sent some M&Ms, which Parker immediately deemed as his own.




.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment