Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Sunday, August 12, 2012

It's Hot!

I've become a softie- anything above 90 degrees makes me melt. At our old apartment we had central AC and discounted utilities, so we had no problem keeping the thermostat set at a comfortable 74 degrees. Aah... those were the good old days! Now we have a wall unit that only cools down the front room, and I think that even if we ran it all day, the temperature in our apartment wouldn't fall below 78. At least we're in a downstairs unit. Most of the time we just leave the AC off and hope that the fans will provide enough relief. We are adapting, though, and have closed off the entrance to the kitchen (which has a big window facing the sun) with our shower curtain and we keep the bathroom door closed too. It helps, but I'm certainly looking forward to cooler days.

Here's Parker beating the heat at one of the local splash pads:





2 comments:

Jenni said...

I love that tongue picture! :-)

John & Trudy Fjeldsted said...

Hi Courtney,
Sounds like you need to take the credit card in hand and for you and Parker go shoppping at Macy's where it's nice and cool!