Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Monday, June 27, 2011

4 Months!

Why do the months keep going by faster and faster? I think Parker looks like a little boy now and not a baby, which I have mixed emotions about. I think I've mentioned this before, but those first few weeks after Parker was born I thought I could never have another child. I couldn't wrap my brain around how it was possible to have an infant AND another child, or two, or three, or four. I certainly didn't feel up to the challenge. Now that Parker is older and is a very easy baby, I'm starting to think that it might not be so bad. I'm already getting baby hungry. Just kidding... sort of. All I know is that oxytocin is the best hormone EVER and it makes me full of love, love, love!

At Parker's four month appointment he weighed 15 lbs 1.5 oz (50th percentile) and was 26 inches long (75th percentile). He now consistently goes to bed between 6:00-7:00pm, wakes up around 4:30am to eat, and then sleeps until 7:00 or 8:00am. I've been noticing that he can go for longer stretches of wakefulness without getting fussy. Yesterday at church he hardly slept at all, which meant that since he woke up at 8:00am and we got home at 2:00pm, he was awake for a very long time. I realized that I hadn't read about four month old sleep habits in my favorite book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child," so I read up on it and he's right on track for longer awake time and more regular nap times.

Here are a few photos of our little man and a movie of bathtime- we finally caught a laugh on camera!





4 comments:

Cathryn said...

I love him! He is looking so much more like a little boy; he's so happy, I love the bath. Way to keep the video modest.

Cool Waters said...

Ohh! I love his laugh! And don't worry about being sorta baby hungry...when Chloe was 3 weeks old I thought, she's so easy I wouldn't care if I had another one right now! So you know, take what you can handle and the Lord will tell you when it's time for another! :)

Erin said...

He has your cheeks!! I'm coming with Dad to Pokey. I can't wait to smother Parker with kisses! Hoorah!

Jenni said...

He is so handsome. And I absolutely love his little laugh!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet him!

Scarlett had her 4mo checkup today and I think they are the same size (of course since she's a girl, that puts her at the 90th percentile... I'm starting to realize she might be taller than me some day...)