Anyway, here's what we've been up to lately:
1. Paul finished his second semester of dental school. Two down, nine to go.
2. These sweet babies nearly caused us to take out an additional loan. But honestly, who wouldn't sacrifice to look this good? Incidentally, we soon realized that the camera's flash is magnified too... Paul was seeing stars for several minutes.
3. We visited friends and family in the Bay Area. We took a quick tour of San Francisco and hit up the great culinary spots: The Ferry Building, Fisherman's Warf, and Ghiradelli Square.
Nate and Nate's girlfriend, Miho:
I know it looks like I'm forcing the smile, but I really did have fun!
We saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. Suh-weet!
4. I've been working overtime the last month and a half keeping the flies happy. As they keep reminding me, science never sleeps.
5. We've started training for a half marathon... sort of. The race is in September, so we figure we'll train for a couple months and see if we can handle it. By the way, if anyone has any running tips, I'll gladly accept them. This running thing has been harder on my body than I expected. I'm hoping that they're just issues of being a novice and that they'll subside as I run more.
5. We went to Grammy's wedding in Utah- she was the most beautiful 40-ish (wink, wink) bride you've ever seen!
6. Peter and Amber came to visit along with Amber's sister and brother-in-law. They got very cozy in our family where we stuffed two air mattresses side by side. We love sleepovers and will gladly accommodate anyone who wants to escape to LA.
7. Paul got a new wetsuit for his birthday and has sadly not had time to try it out yet. He was warned about the intensiveness of the third semester, and for good reason. He's said that compared to last semester, the work load is a night and day difference, but he actually enjoys what he's learning. And it's good for me- while he studies I get to read! Win-Win!
Here's to another great year!
3 comments:
I love reading your updates...
ON the running...get good shoes..they make all the difference! If you can, go to a running store..they can tell you what kind to get. My other advice, just keep at it..it gets easier! Now, if I can just follow my own advice..lol...
on a different note. I'm coming to California again in August, I would love to see you guys again! It would be way cool if Erin could come out too!
I just ran 1 mile uphill with John today followed by .57 miles downhill. It was HARD! Last week we ran 3-4 miles flat--I would rather do that--HONESTLY. I am not a runner, but I aspire to being able to exercise with John. I may slow him down (even when he's pushing a stroller) but I sure like to be with John any chance I get. We have 2 more weeks to exercise together before the kids get out of school--I'm savoring my opportunities right now (cause we aren't about to buy a triple jogger ;).
My suggestions
1. Nike ipod is awesome. It tells you how fast you're going while your running, how cool is that? Buy it and download your runs to keep track of how you're doing, you'll be amazed.
2. Shoes...I've worn a lot of shoes but my favorite were an already worn pair I got off craigslist for $5--Saucony. Some young girl grew out of them too fast and boy did I benefit. NICE shoes! (John wears the nike ipod shoes so that he can keep track of his run).
3. REWARD yourself. Seriously. It's not enough to have a race in your future. Give yourself small rewards along the way. Whenever you beat your time treat yourself to something. Give yourself incentives to work harder.
Good luck!
hey courtney! how are you!?!? I saw your blog name on Diedre's. That's awesome that you're doing a half marathon...I couldn't convince steve to train with me...but i'm running my 2nd on in like a month...are you still having running "problems"???
Post a Comment