Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Friday, August 5, 2016

Certificate of Recognition

Parker was recognized at school for his "outstanding accomplishments in making connections and retelling with details." Hmmmmm, okaaaayyyyy.  It's a good thing I'm not a kindergarten teacher.  I think I'd run out of ideas after "outstanding accomplishment in zipping up pants after going potty" and "outstanding accomplishment in not picking nose this week."  But Parker's teacher seems very involved with the children and he was thrilled by the award, so yay Parker!


5 comments:

Cathryn said...

Wait, has he started kindergarten already? Is he year round? Why haven't I seen a first day of school picture?

CourtneyFJ said...

I know, I'm so behind! Yes, he started school on July 20th. They do a "modified year round" schedule here. They have a two week fall break, a two week spring break, and a month at Christmas. Summer break is only 7 weeks, but all the moms around here seen to love the schedule!

Cathryn said...

I would actually love that too! To have some breaks when others don't, but still get summer. Though, any school in the summer is hard in Vegas because it's too hot for recess :(. How is he doing?

Jenni said...

Oh that's adorable!!!! I'm sure it's the first of many awards he'll receive with his awesome genes (and ironically he has awesome jeans too!)

Jenni said...

Oh that's adorable!!!! I'm sure it's the first of many awards he'll receive with his awesome genes (and ironically he has awesome jeans too!)