Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Matt's Open House

My brother Matt got married in April in Colorado.  I love my new sister-in-law!  Her name is Jamie and she's the best.  Their wedding and reception were beautiful and I'm so glad we got to be there.  It was actually a close call; our flight got delayed 5 hours because the Denver airport got shutdown due to a blizzard.  A blizzard!  In April!  Craziness.

Anyway, I offered to plan an Open House for them in Boise and that was pretty much all I did from the middle of April to the middle of May.  I'm grateful that I was in a position to help, and I would do it again in half a heartbeat, but I'm glad that it's done.  I was starting to get stress headaches and stomachaches and I'm sure that Paul and Parker are happy to not be so neglected anymore.  The Open House was a success and thank goodness for the people who helped set up and take down, or I don't think I could have pulled it off.

Instead of having a traditional guest book, we had a photo booth where people had their picture taken.  Then, they signed a scrapbook page which I mounted their picture to once I got it developed.  Here are some of my faves:
 Matt and Jamie:


 Papasan:

 Jamie and her niece Talia:

 Aunt Emily and Uncle Dave:

Parker and Grandpa:

 Me and Parker:



Four Generations!

 Grandma and all her boys:

Silly brothers:

 Table with the props and scrapbook pages:

 A shot of the table decorations:


My friend helped me design these cards to put on the tables:
 


It was such a fun Open House and I'm happy I could be a part of it!

No comments: