
Today Paul turned 28 years old! He woke up with Parker even on his special day and then went to school for a couple hours. He came home for lunch, but was here only a few minutes before he headed to the ski slopes. Several resorts around here offer free lift tickets on your birthday. We went to Umami Burger with some friends for dinner and then came home for birthday cake. Every year I ask Paul what kind of cake he wants and he always says Funfetti, but I talk him out of it so I can make something more exciting. Hmmm... I should stop doing that. It is his birthday after all. This year he again requested Funfetti, but then came up with an even better idea: a brownie cake! (Brownies are his all time, no contest, favorite dessert ever, ever, ever.) I made mint brownies a couple months ago, which he loved and so he also specified that it be a mint brownie cake. It was fun for me to make too, so, win win!
Paul got sunburned while snowboarding and didn't want his picture taken, but hopefully this video will suffice instead! hahahaha.
3 comments:
Oh my heck! That cake is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need the recipe! How did you get the mint frosting so smooth? The ganache looks flawless! And those chocolate curls! Girl! You're so talented!
PS - I thought it was hilarious that he requested mint chocolate - 2 of your favorite things ;-)
Also, Happy Birthday Paul! I didn't know you were an Animagus!!!!!!
Why thank you! Here's the basic recipe I used: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/03/mint-brownies/.
Sadly, Paul also didn't know that he was an Animagus. :( How did I end up marrying someone who doesn't love to read???
Yum!!!! I'm totally trying this the next time I feel "bake-y"
Post a Comment