Parker got several musical toys for Christmas that he loves. Up until this point, I think he has regarded his toys more as interesting things to investigate, rather than really playing with them. Now that there's music involved, the fun has really begun- even with non-musical toys, he seems to know that they are for playing. He started to do this bouncing thing when the music came on and eventually we figured out that he was dancing! I love in this video that he knows when the ABC song is over and in the last clip he is dancing to the beat... mostly.
A few other Parker things for posterity's sake...
He continues to hate getting his diaper changed and putting on clothes. Are all babies like this, or did we just get lucky? You'd think that after the hundreds of times that we've done this that he'd just suck it up an hold still for the minute and a half it takes to change his undies. We can always count on protest crying and him trying to crawl away; I'm constantly chasing his bare bum as he escapes.
He's a really good eater- as long as the food doesn't have hard chunks in it, he'll eat it. Both Paul and I have aversions to certain foods, so I don't expect that this will last forever, but it's nice for the time being.
He makes the most hilarious faces- I really wish I could get them all on camera.
He is finally, FINALLY sleeping through the night consistently. Up until nine months, we let him wake up once or twice at night to eat, although towards the end I think it was out of habit, not from being hungry. At nine months we cut him off and it took about three weeks for him to not wake up at night and only just recently has he started sleeping until 6:30ish. Before that, he'd wake up at 5:00 or sometimes earlier and we thought he was still just learning how to self-soothe and go back to sleep. We started putting him to bed earlier and it has made all the difference. Since he's been sleeping through the night his naps have also been longer. Hurrah!
When I give Parker kisses, he holds his head really still and opens his mouth. I laugh every time.
When Paul says, "Clap!" he claps and when we say "Come here!" he follows us.
3 comments:
Boo, I can't get the video to load! I'll have to try again. He is such a cute and smart baby!
Okay, the videos finally loaded for me! They are awesome! I can't believe he dances like that, he's so smart and funny! Maybe a future contestant on SYTYCD?
New video please!
Post a Comment