Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

11 Things In 2011

It seems like New Year's Resolutions have become taboo and no one wants to make them for fear of breaking them. This is understandable, but for me, I really enjoy setting goals. I love making lists of things to do and crossing things off when I've accomplished them! I've made some short term goals for the new year that I'll need to revisit in a few months, but I've also made a list of fun things that I want to accomplish during 2011. I'll try and post about each one as I accomplish it.

1. Read all seven Harry Potter books
2. Complete three knitting projects (I can't say what they are because they're gifts)
3. Read the Book of Mormon
4. Take a sewing class
5. Organize my recipe book
6. Sew a quilt for baby Fjeldsted
7. Run the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon in September
8. No Facebook for two weeks
9. Read Fahrenheit 451
10. Take a vacation
11. Create a piece of art to hang on the wall

8 comments:

Cathryn said...

Great goals, but I might warn you off 100 Years of Solitude! That thing is so long and convoluted that I think even Peter threw in the towel on it! I have never attempted it though, so maybe it's not so bad.

CourtneyFJ said...

That's all the convincing I need, Cathryn. I actually hadn't heard anything about this book, but it was on a list of the top 100 books of all time. Thanks for the heads up!

The Candlands said...

I am totally going to steal your 11 Goals for 2011!

Dakin said...

I've tried to read that book a few times, just can't keep it up. Good Luck with that.

You have some big goals! I'm especially impressed by the Disneyland Marathon in fall. Wow. I certainly couldn't have prepped for a marathon while I was nursing, but I found nursing to be more difficult than pregnancy in many ways. You're amazing and I know you can do anything you put your mind to!

Cathryn said...

You can do the nursing and running, but it does take some getting used to. I'm just now feeling like my old running self.

Karry Seaver said...

If you hang a picture of Baby Boy Fjeldsted on the wall – isn’t goal 11 technically done?

Kim said...

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you and hoping you are able to attain all your goals and more! Love to you sweet girl!

Amber said...

woo-hoo go courtney! You are very brave, especially with the new baby coming. My goal was always just to survive :) Can I run the 1/2 marathon with you? Maybe... my knee has been giving me some issues lately making running difficult. but I would love it! next time we see you I have a lot of baby stuff to hand over. Can't wait :)