Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ok

Ok ok ok. Has it been awhile since I posted last? My bad. But there is a reason. About two months ago we went kayaking in the "Venice Canals" of Long Beach. It was awesome! Expecting greatness, we brought our camera and put it in a ziplock bag to keep it safe. Every so often, we'd take take it out, snap a few shots, and put it back in the bag. On one of these occasions, I was taking a couple pictures, and then I handed the camera off to Paul to put away. Perhaps being a bit over zealous to get a move on, I started paddling away while he was still getting the camera taken care of. Apparently I'm not a very a very clean paddler, because I ended up splashing Paul and the camera. A lot. I murdered our dear camera, but I know that it's in a better place now. We were, however, able to salvage the memory card. Here are the very last pictures our camera took.









I like posting with pictures, and since that's not an option anymore (at least until we save enough pennies to get a new one...), the frequency of our posts might be sporadic.
But, as a quick update, we've been enjoying the new year, but it was hard to come back from the nice, long, relaxing break. We were able to spend Christmas with Paul's family- so fun! We played bocce ball and Sequence and ate lots of yummy food. On Christmas day I was able to do a three-way call with my family in Boise and my little bro in Brazil. It was so wonderful to hear from him! It sounds like he's loving Brazil- especially the people. He said that it's been shocking for him to see how friendly they are.
Our season pass to Disneyland has officially ended. :( We spent our last day there with my Grammy and her husband Reed who are visiting southern California for six weeks. I love Disneyland!! Hopefully we'll get to go many more times before Paul graduates. Speaking of which, Paul just started his 5th semester of dental school. (4 down, 7 to go!)

4 comments:

Dakin said...

OH, I'm so sad for your camera. If the camera was from Grandpa F. I know those run under warranty (even accidental). I would inquire about the warranty.

Kim said...

love the pictures! So sorry to hear about your camera..may it rest in peace :) I'm happy to hear an update..I've been thinking about you a lot!

Jenni said...

..poor camera..

But the kayaking looked like a ton of fun! And when Jake and I come to visit - we can visit your favorite themepark!

Miss you muchly!

KMF & DSF said...

Sorry to hear about the death of your camera, but glad it was able to capture a clearly fun fjelsted adventure! I am feeling so jealous of the weather you are experiencing, and the sun that is exposed in your pics! Hopefully sometime soon the pollution will leave us and we will be able to feel some heat!