With a little therapy and non-pharmacologic sedation, we mustered up the courage to aboard a sail boat with Captain Sergey Nuzhdin. Sergey, also known as Courtney's boss, is from what he refers to as "The Soviet Union." One of the foremost molecular biologists/geneticists of our era, Sergey is also a world class sailor... so we knew we could trust him with both our lives and our genomes.
Our original intentions were to sail to Catalina Island, enjoy lunch while Sergey perused and shmoozed the island pubs, and then return to the mainland (on a side note, we once asked Sergey what kind of food they ate in "The Soviet" he replied with a straight face - "Vodka"). Unfortunately however, the only wind that day was supplied by our lungs and the flapping of seagull's wings. So instead, we leisurely looped the Santa Monica Bay, encountered a friendly pod of dolphins, waved to flapping seals and called it a day.
4 comments:
Thanks for the movie clip, I forgot how much I loved that show. I have great envy for you two; as I read your blog, and look at your sunny ocean pictures; while I am watching snow fall in my backyard.
Miss you, Love Karry
I love that movie! Sam and I watch it every now and then and just laugh. I'm so glad you mustered up the courage to sail! Congratulations haha.
Sailing?!?! We're out here freezing our butts off and you're sun tanning in a sail boat... maybe we picked the wrong coast.
Happy Birthday Paul! We love you and hope it's an awesome one!
Post a Comment