Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Sunday, October 26, 2008

FINISHED!

I proudly present for your viewing pleasure, this adorable sweater I made for myself! Somewhere in my excitement, I gauged the stitches wrong and the final product ended up probably a size or two small.






Oh, man. I tricked you guys so bad. I made this for my niece, Elizabeth. In the process of making this sweater, I've discovered a few things about myself. The first is that I am on the accelerated track to old lady-dom. I would often knit on the bus on my way to work and the look on people's faces screamed: "Ok, early-twenties wannabe, I can see right through that face lift and dye job. You're not fooling anyone!" The second thing I've learned is that sometimes I take on projects and gravely underestimate their time of completion. This definitely is true when it comes to cooking. I have yet to have a meal ready and on the table when we have friends or the missionaries over for dinner. I've convinced myself that this is just the learning process of cooking, but who knows, maybe I'll never figure it out. Anyway, I think I started knitting this sweater about six months ago and anticipated being done with it four months ago. Oops.

But I loved making it. Knitting is a great release... as long as you don't have to rip out too many rows along the way.

And hey, now that I think about it, if my arms were just a little skinnier, I definitely think at least my head could fit through the top... don't be surprised if the next time you see me I'm sporting this sweater as part of my ensemble.

5 comments:

Dakin said...

Super cute Courtney! Elizabeth is so excited to wear it (or maybe I'm excited for her to wear it).

Lisa and Mark said...

Oh. my. goooooshhh!

a) I LOOOOVE that sweater.
b) I thought this was a baby announcement upon first glance.
c) I love your Crate and Barrel runner on your table. I registered for it, but no one got it for me. :(

Kim said...

I love this sweater and love the fact that you made it...I LOVED visiting with you and your sweet husband tonight....I can't even tell you how good it was to see you and give you a hug and just get to know the beautiful person you are...I'm so proud of you!!!!

Cool Waters said...

I love it! I knew when you started in high school that you would be real good! Miss you!

Jenni said...

That's darling... between your old lady knitting and my organ playing... i wonder where we went wrong.