Ponderize, Week 3

Ponderize, Week 4: "The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life." Job 3:4

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beloved Megan - A Eulogy

Thanks for this pic Dakin


Approximately two weeks ago, Megan went missing. The FBI was immediately contacted and a thorough search/investigation was conducted of the surrounding areas as it became their foremost priority. It is true her award winning potential as a show dog is astronomical and thus dognapping was initially suspected. However, she has yet to show up in any dog shows, so it is therefore believed that Megan simply fulfilled her earthly mission and transcended through the veil. Yes she had tumours, yes she had cataracts, and yes she was dangerously obese. But the Megan we will all remember will be the Megan that warmed our hearts as a dear friend through her kind acts of service and outreached paw. We will never forget the fond memories... when she came home from the groomer- completely bald save the tip of her tail and bottle shaped face, when she ate 3/4 of a large pizza, when she habitually tipped over the trash can as a puppy to find a lunch time snack, and when she territorially protected the family from dangerous onslaughts of wild squirrels. Megan, yours is an enormous kennel to fill... Please feel welcome to leave your feelings and memories of Megan as you wish.

7 comments:

Dakin said...

I don't think its possible to compare Megan to other dogs, she surpassed them all. She was a member of our family. I remember as a teenager going through those rough emotional times all teenage girls go through and Megan was sent in my room to love me while I cried. Sweet Megan was a friend to each of us kids while we grew up. When I think of her I see her in the hallway keeping tabs on everyone at the same time. Mom in the kitchen, Dad against the heater, and the kids in the family room. The hallway won't be the same without her.

I'm not sure if all dogs go to heaven, but if any dog deserves to be there its Megan.

Unknown said...

Words could never express what Ashton and I felt for Megan. There has never been -- nor will there ever be -- a dog with such a wonderful face to body size ratio. She truly was one of a kind. I'm just glad she at least lived long enough to be a bridesmaid in your wedding. She just looked too good in that coral dress.

KMF & DSF said...

Tears were shed and laughter was heard as I read the sweer eulogy left for Megan. My meeting was brief with her, but it was not forgotten! My heart goes out to all the Fjeldsted's. My prayers are with you. Megan, you will not be forgotten.

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry for you loss - let the good memories live on! I will always think of Chumlee as a young spunky pug (not the chunky and kinda blind)

Ashton said...

I can't help but quote the great Tommy Monson himself when I think about my memories with Megan. The memories of that sweet little oddly proportioned dog will always be like june roses in the Decembers of my life. And I know that if G's go to heaven (as 2Pac taught me) Megan most certainly will.

Tanya said...

Megan was such a great and lovable dog. She was so good at welcoming people over to the house and being there for everyone. The Fjeldsted house will never be the same, and Megan wont ever be forgotten.

Anonymous said...

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Paul, for your loss.

I hope when Pacino dies that he and Megan will get in a fight and that Pacino loses. And then he'd have to go sit in the corner because he lost. And Megan would be like his Zen Master, teaching him the way to enlightenment and how to be nice to people.

That'd do wonders for his little ego. :)

I'm sure she was a really great dog and I'm very sorry.